Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Friday, December 3, 2010

BEYOND THE SCREEN DOOR

Well, the snow finally hit us....lots of it! This is taken from where I blog......
It's like a winter wonderland....
It's beautiful if you don't have to go anywhere, which I didn't.
Now on to my (Christmas) screen door, I had found an old screen door with a lot of gingerbread on it on one of my garage salen trips. It had no screen in it, it was black with different color paints splattered all over it, (no before picture), and in pretty good shape. 
So out came the spray paint and after three coats of red, turned into my Christmas screen door! 
I then ripped some grapevines off one of our fences and wrapped them around the door, which gave it a rustic look.  I had an angel from another garage sale and attached her to the top of the door.
Next came the corbels I had purchased on Craigslist.....pictured here ready to paint.
I had painted them white this past summer and had been setting around waiting for one of my brainstorms to happen!
I  attached them to the bottom of the door for stability, worked out perfect.
Last, came the lights, which I wrapped around the whole door, then place on the front porch....
Then I thought the little woodsy Christmas tree would look good behind the door, so it would be framed in by the door.....









This is the wreath on my front door....needs a little more bling...I think.
And last but not least, Woody, my porch watchdog! He needs a little touching up here and there, he's been through some stormy weather!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS


Linking up to these partays:
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>VIF In December

  PhotobucketHooked-on-Holiday-House-Tours
UndertheTableandDreaminggrabttHome for the Holidays PartytoolsareforwomentooPhotobucketbutton4
Power of Paint PartyPhotobucketFrench Country CottagePretty in Paint
Enhanced by Zemanta

31 comments:

Sue said...

omg!! I love the porch and screen door and where did you get the porch watch dog"""""""

Would love to visit your porch.

Sue

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Oh my, this is so cute! What a great way to re-purpose an old screen door (that has no screen!) I love it!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

How cute! Nice pics and i like the watch dog. The Bavarian Christmas linky party is now open-won’t you come and join us at http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2010/11/1st-christmas-linky-party-at-dobermans.html and while you are there join the give-a-ways going on.

Lori E said...

Very creative and fun. Where on earth did you get that carved dog? Our lab is almost 14 and not doing well. I would love to find a dog like that one.

Rita May said...

I love the red screen door! Charming display.
Cheers!
MAY DAYS

kpaints said...

What an adorable decorating job...love the screen door! Wonderful details....cute dog. Great job!

kpaints said...

What an adorable decorating job...love the screen door! Wonderful details....cute dog. Great job!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

That is so charming and cute!! Loving those corbels and your Holiday decorated screen door! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

THe vintage door and tree are so warm and inviting! Great idea to add the decorative brackets as a base.

Beautiful!

Happy Holidays!
xx

Terry said...

Love what you did with the door, very creative especially the corbels. Terry

Becky C said...

What a cool idea! This is so cute! Great way to display a door. All the decorations are great.
Blessings,
Becky C

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your little dog is adorable and I love the door. I bet it is stunning at night when you turn the lights on. I always love creative front porch decorations, and I bet everyone who drives past your house will too.

Robin said...

How I love this door! And the little pup and his scarf!!! Darling!
If you have a minute would you drop in on Wednesday and link up to All Things Merry & Brite!? This is right up my ally!
xo
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Becca said...

This is just soooo cute and creative! Love it. Becca

the cape on the corner said...

how great! what an interesting idea, and i love it with the tree behind it!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Brenda Kula said...

What a perfectly charming idea! I wish I could find a door with that much character at a garage sale. This is so pretty! (Love the porch dog too.)
Brenda

Dragonfly Treasure said...

You did an awesome job!! Love it!
*hugs*deb

Cara @ Twice Lovely Furniture said...

I just love it when people think outside the box! This is so fun. Thanks for linking to our 1st party!

Vicki said...

What a neat idea! I love the screen door and how you have decorated it. I want a front porch dog!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How unique! I love it! ♥

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love that door and how you fixed it up. So creative. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

OMG!! I am loving this screen door idea!! I will be looking for one of my own now!!

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Autum said...

That winter wonderland view is amazing! Brrrr..... What a lovely sight to see, from inside :)
I love your use of the screen door. So creative!

Serendipity Chic Decor said...

Wow...That is just so unique and gorgeous.

Have a great day...

Take care,
Lisa

Honey at 2805 said...

What a cute and festive red screen door! You are in a winter wonderland. Burrr, but so pretty.

JoAnne said...

I love it Pattie! Nicely done!

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea said...

Happy Holidays - I'm dropping by from All Things Heart & Home blog hop & am a new follower.

Love your porch - it is SO cute!

Please come by & say "Hi!" sometime: http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I've never seen anything like that door with the corbels! How adorable! Love it.
So happy to have found your blog. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Have a blessed Christmas season!
Tammy @www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

Sommer said...

Stopping by from POWW and I love this door! What a creative idea... now you know I'm gonna be hunting for one like it over the next twelve months lol!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I am totally and completely IN LOVE with this project!! So creative, festive, unique and love the color of red you chose. {and love the porch watchdog, too!!} Thanks SO much for linking up to the december "Winter Wonderland" party over at I Gotta Create!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Pattie, I just featured your project! http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2011/11/winter-wonderland-stars-1.html