Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Saturday, November 12, 2011

GARDEN ART

I have always wanted a piece of garden art for my front garden, and I had all these bits and pieces of glass what-nots laying around. So I started throwing together, designing a glass tower. Here is the result.....
I want to add a light so it shines in the dark, I think I can  insert it in the big globe because that's really the only place I can put it. 
I thought, maybe a solar light but it won't fit in the tiny hole.
This large globe is from an old crystal lamp which I took apart.
This base is my grandmothers old oil lamp. I tried to take the cap off to drain the old oil and the whole top broke off. But I saved it thinking some day I would use it. 
Next up is an old candy dish I purchased at a garage sale for a dollar.
The bottom of this next piece is a candle holder from Goodwill. $1
The rest of the pieces are from the same lamp as the large globe. Crystals and metal pieces. Nice and rusty.
I had this cross laying around in my basket of  "stuff".


All of this was cemented together with Gorilla Glue. I didn't connect the first metal section with large globe on up so it would be easier to carry. Now just where to put it ? 
Here it is next to my pond. I put a light in the large globe and it looks beautiful at night.


Linking to these partays;

Cherished Treasures”=Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special Beyond The Picket FenceDesigner GardenV.I.P. Garden Party
Cherished Treasures”= UndertheTableandDreaming Brag Monday
Redouxfive days five ways | because every day is different






22 comments:

texwisgirl said...

wow! that's a creation and a half! hope you can find a place to put it and keep it safe!

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

Love this idea! You could do so much with discarded pieces from the good will. I love anything that upcycles things that would otherwise be thrown out :)

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Great job! I think it looks wonderful and I be would be magical in the garden!

KAT said...

Garden art is certainly is! So so beautiful !
KAT

K9friend said...

How creative you are! It looks great!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Terry said...

What a great way to recyle cast off's! Thanks for linking up!

Keetha Broyles said...

Great job! I really like it in your garden.

Blue Velvet Chair said...

Love love love it!!! I must add this to my 'do' list for our front yard renovation this summer. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Michael
bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

p.s. I'm also a repurposer/upcycler if you'd like to hop over and have a peek.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pattie...

Ohhh...I love your glass garden tower, my friend! Aren't you a creative and talented lady! It looks fabulous in your garden and I bet it looks magical at night with the light on! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome craft with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week! Maybe I'll give this pretty craft a try!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Terry said...

I was so excited to see your garden art. I am collecting pieces to make one myself and yours is such inspiration.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your rehab job is really creative and unique! So happy to say that I have just become a friend and follower! Visiting from Homemaker and hope you will visit me and consider same.

Sharlotte said...

This is really neat! I love all the different pieces that you used to make one masterpiece!! I'll bet it's really neat watching it change as the sun hits it at different angles! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!
Sharlotte

Shelly said...

This looks like so much fun to make!
I like the idea of a light inside too. :)

MyBluePeacock said...

How beautiful this is!

I found you through DIY by Disign's Swing Into Spring party...

mississippi artist said...

How neat! One in colored glass would be pretty too. You gave me an idea.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I love how this looks! very nice!

Flea Market Lynn said...

Just love your garden art creation! What a great job and so creative! I just signed up to follow your blog.....I hope you can stop by and visit my new blog and become a follower too! Lynn

Olivia said...

Way cool! Love it! Hugs,
Olivia

Beth Adams said...

Wow...wickedly beautiful! You must be the envy of all of your neighbors.

Jo's This and That said...

Neat!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pattie...

Oooh...your glass garden ornament turned out sooo pretty, my friend! I have seen these before and I keep thinking that I would like to make one as well! I just love how yours turned out and it looks beautiful out in your garden! Bet it looks GRAND when it's lit up at night!

Thank you so much for sharing this sweet project with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week, my friend! I hope you're having a super sweet Sunday!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the design. Great job Pattie.