Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Turning White....Part Deux

Remember a while back when I decided to go white? Well, this is part two.....slowly but surely.
It started with the wainscoting behind the sink. Below is the before pic...
 
 Then I found this mantel at a yard sale over the summer. 

I knew I needed to incorporate it into my dining area somehow. So I started work on the mantel,(in this post) , which seemed to take forever and a day, and then dragged this table down from the bedroom.


Actually, it's half a table! I dissected the other half for other projects. I then painted the legs the same color as the mantel and wainscoting. Assembled the two pieces and came up with this look....

These slipper chairs were purchased at another yard sale for $35 the pair! Check them out here....

I left them alone for a while...but you know that wasn't going to last long...

I think they look a little better. If I knew how to slipcover, I would love to try it.
Next, came the island, which had to be white, also! This is the island I put together with my husband. You can go here to see the post.  Here is the before...


This was made from an old dresser from yet another yard sale and the top are leaves from an old table that I sold a long time ago.
And here is the after.....




See the white curtains pulled to the sides of the windows? Lace table cloths from...well, you know.





Great patina in the mirror...


 Well, on too the next phase, Part Three!  
Where do I start?

Linking up to these partays:Boogieboard Cottageits so very cheriIts so very Cheri






"/>
HOG
Catch a Glimpse ButtonA Glimpse Inside
From My Front Porch To Yours


Stuff and NonsensePhotobucket
vif187shabby creek cottage

RedouxChic on a Shoestring DecoratingFurniture Feature FridaysCherished Treasures”=
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special{Primp}Primphttp://www.findingfabulousblog.com/

/>

15 comments:

ANNE said...

Love the changes! Painting stuff cream/white always, always looks great.

ps: just nominated you for a "liebster" blog award, over on my blog..

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Wow, I love these touches of white. Great idea & great execution! You stopped by my blog & left a sweet comment recently & I've meant to visit you ever since. I enjoyed being here.

Warmly, Michelle

South Bay Studio said...

Well, I really like what you did with the mantle and the half of a table. How creative!! Kathi

Olive Cooper said...

The mantle painted white is gorgeous but the island is brilliant.

Simone said...

White is so timeless! I love what you have created. My entire house is white and i just love how you can add interest by adding textures. Great job!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I wasn't sure about your white redo until I saw your pics, and the change is beautiful! That island seemed to change personality, if that makes sense. Wonderfully done!

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Looks fantastic, so crisp, fresh and clean!

Sherry said...

Wowser! I am so impressed with the makeovers. How gorgeous they turned out. I am really loving the dresser turned kitchen island! That is brilliant! I am featuring that tomorrow at Home Sweet Home! Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home too! great ideas!
Sherry

Pamela said...

Looking ever so fabulous!! Thanx for coming to the party!

Our Country Bungalow said...

How creative you are! I love what you've made here! The island is genius. Nice work!
~cathy

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Wonderful makeovers!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

Terry said...

Love how you are changing your furniture to white...I've been doing the same thing and it truely transforms them into something amazing! Thanks for linking up, I hope you stop over again this weekend so show more projects!

Kristin said...

Love all of your transformations! I really love the island, I wish I had the space to do that - it's excactly what I want in my kitchen!!

Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic Sunday!

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

You've done a really great job of brigtening up your home. I especially like what you did with the half table. Thanks for joining me at Your Cozy Home Party!

victoriantailor said...

Beautiful transformations, love that island dresser and the shelving in your living room and the way you are decorated, I am slowly going all shabby also,