Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Craigslist table.

I repainted my $15 Craigslist table. Originally I painted the top black. It had a fake wood grain on top and I hated it. But the size and character of the table  was great. The black peeled off, so I repainted it Duck Egg Blue from Annie Sloane paints. Now I really love it! 




This is the table with black top. I should of primed it first. But I love how the blue looks a lot better.

picture too dark.
I also bought a new camera since this photo was taken. Since losing my other one in the snow for a week, things were slowly deteriorating. Zoom, power switch, etc. So I purchased a Kodak z990,
Still trying to figure this out, but LOVE the 30x zoom!

Back to the table. I threw it back on Craigslist and have 2 bites on it. Hopefully tonite it will be sold!


Update, table sold Thursday nite! 

Partying at these blogs;

shabby creek cottagePhotobucketJennifer Rizzos Show Us Friday




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

7 comments:

Shelia said...

That's a great looking table!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cynthia said...

It looks really cute with the blue top!

Traci said...

I love the blue top, but I liked the black too. I guess I am easy to please. Your new header pictures are great. Did you take the photos with your new camera? I was looking at this camera last week. I can't wait to hear how you like it.
Hope you are feeling better.
Traci

katy said...

I have one I need you to redo! Great job!

Stacey@RealSouthernLiving.com said...

Love your inspiration and projects! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Please check it out on my blog. http://realsouthernliving.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

LilyOake said...

It looks like the 36" round table I bought from target a few years back.
Its a nice table, actually, and it did have a wood grain top with a tan/cream base.
You did a nice job!!
I painted mine too....Cottage Linen White by Waverly and accented some of the carving with Restoration Hardware's Atmosphere Blue. I added faux beadwork around the table skirt and gold leafed it along with other carved details and then protected the whole thing with semi-gloss crystalfin acrylic lacquer. It has been a workhorse in the living room ever since.
When painted right, you'll never tire of it and it won't chip or need future repair.

KATHY said...

Your table looks beautiful!!

Kathy