Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Friday, April 27, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award


I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Stacey @ Real Southern Living. I'm touched that she found my blog so interesting and versatile. I have to admit, I had to look up the word "versatile" to get the true meaning. 
Versatile ;  embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills
If you choose to accept you will need to do the following:
  1. Grab the Versatile Blogger button.
  2. Thank the person who nominated you.
  3. Include a link to their blog.
  4. Share 7 things about yourself.
  5. Pass along the love! Nominate 15 of your favorite blogs.
  6. Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog.
  7. In the same post include this set of rules.


    Well, here goes.
    1.  To start with, I had no idea what a blog was?  I was surfing the web and I came across them by accident. To my surprise I found people out there with the same interests as mine.
    2.  I live on a farm with my husband, mother, and various animals. The farm was originally  my grandparents on my mothers side. 
    3.  I have been off of work for three years which I then started my second career in trash collecting and refurbishing. Since being laid off my mom has to have someone at home with her most of the time. 
    4.  I suffer from fibromyalgia and in the process of getting disability. It can be so debilitating at times that all I can do is sleep or sit. I do have good days  but then I have no energy to try to complete some of my projects. 
    5.  We have three dogs, (2 Border Collies and a Rat Terrier), 4 cats, various small birds , a Goffin cockatoo, and 22 chickens. The dogs, cats, and birds are all rescues.  We raise the chickens for their eggs and entertainment.
    6.  I love gardening, we have done so since I was a child. I learned from my mom and dad. Have quite a few large gardens for vegetables and quite a few perennial gardens. I have had to scale back quite a bit due to the Fibro.
    7.  A few years down the line we have plans on moving to Florida near my in-laws in order to get away from the cold. I felt so much better when we visited due to the heat. 
    Well, hope I didn't bore  you too much. Now on to the next 15 Versatile Bloggers!


    1.  Katie @ CRAPTASTIC
    2.  Beverly @ Bee Haven Acres
    3.  Esther @ Fleur Cottage
    4.  Amanda @ Reloved Rubbish
    5.  Callie @ Chickens On The Porch
    6.  Traci @ Three Dogs At Home
    7.  Cindy @ My Romantic Home
    8.  Gail @ My Repurposed Life
    9.  Ann @ Make The Best Of Things
    10.  Karen @ Redoux
    11.  Pamela @ From My Front Porch To Yours
    12.  Andrea @ Keeping It Cozy
    13.  Fiona @ Lilyfield Life
    14.  Jane @ Finding Fabulous
    15.  Heather and Vanessa @ At The Picket Fence

If you have time, I hope you check out these great blogs!
All have fantastic blogs with amazing ideas!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations, Pattie. I enjoyed reading a little bit about you. Have a nice wknd!
Beth

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to you, pattie. nice to know a bit more about you - sorry to hear about the fibro, though. cannot be easy to do all you do...

A Quiet Corner said...

Congrats on your award and to those you've selected...most fitting, I might add and it's nice to know that your "normal" like the rest of us!...:)JP

Jane said...

Oh thank you sooooo much...I LOVE getting bloggy awards!!!

Jane
Finding Fabulous

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh I am so touched! Thank you so much for the award. That is very sweet. Hope you have a very lovely weekend. -K

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

hi Pattie, glad you enjoy my blog and thanks for much for nominating me for this.
have a lovely weekend
cheers Fiona