Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A new use for old windows.

Storm windows for a screen door came in handy. I decided to make a fake window with lace curtains and lights for a Christmas feel.

I cut some old lace curtains to fit the back of the window and glued the edges.

Then added some lights to the back of the curtains.

They phase off and on. It adds a little Christmas to that wall.


I haven't been in the spirit lately. Maybe if we get a little snow.
I did find  a pretty unique light for the outside. It's called Bliss Lights and it looks like sparkles all over the trees.


They look like an ordinary stake light but with a million led lights. They come in green and red.



Of course I don't have palm trees, but it gives you an idea how it looks.
(And I am not in any way promoting or have been paid to advertise this light.)
Has anyone seen or invented a new and unique way to decorate with Christmas lights? I would love to see some.

That's all I have for now.
Ta ta.


>>Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingChic on a StringFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialThe Cowgirl Up! Link Party!
Linky Parties KleinShanty to Chic
Catch a Glimpse Buttonshabby creek cottage



#16>

5 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I like the look of the lights behind the window and lace. great way to add ambiance light

Buttons said...

Oh I love this that is a amazing project it looks so festive and well I just love it. Great idea. B

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

This is such a FABULOUS project!!! You really rocked it! Thanks for sharing with us over at Junkin Joe...we are starting the party early this week and hope to see you there! HUGS...

Pam Jackson said...

Adorable

Claudia said...

I love the way you repurposed that door into something pretty and magical!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia