Follow On Hollyhock Farm

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

UPDATE


Here is an update on my Chumley, he has rallied back and seems normal again!!! After a couple days on his meds, he has made a turnaround and is back to his normal self! He is still anemic but is running around harassing his little bro, Boo Boo.  So for now, we can breathe a sigh of relief.





It's a waiting game. Chumley, my loyal companion ,is waiting to cross over. His cancer is starting to take over, he is anemic, in pain and not in a good quality of life. He saw his dr. yesterday and now is on pain meds and antibiotics along with his steroid. He still is eating and drinking well. But you can just tell. Our hearts are just aching. We have been through it so many times, and it gets harder with every one!  Our vet is so great and caring, he will even come to the house so it's not so traumatizing for the dog. We love him! 

Chum at the animal blessing this past summer.


Chum and his sister, Jill playing in the sprinkler.


He is 15 and we gave him the best life ever. I know he won't be far, they are all around me, waiting for me.








4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i'm so sorry. i know he has had a great, long life, but it is never easy.

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Oh Pattie I know what you are going through. We lost our sweet Duffy a year ago December the 6th.

Chumley is in my blessings and I do hope for you and him that he just has a nice long sleep in the end.

blessings & bliss
Sue

Buttons said...

Oh I am so sorry about Chum. Both my dogs were 15 that is a good long life that you have given him. He will be missed I know but someday we will all be together I believe that too. Take care Hug. B

Traci said...

Pattie I am so sorry to read that Chum is nearing the end of his days. We recently loss our dog, Tasha. She was 14 so we knew it was coming but that never makes it easier. I am glad you keeping her comfortable and you will be with her in the end. Pets hold such a special place in our hearts and we are much better people for having known them. You and your sweet dog will be in my prayers tonight.
Traci